The new SharpEye UV-IR High-Speed Optical Flame detector 40/40UFL is designed to meet two major requirements:
- High-Speed Response (20 msec)
- High Reliability (immunity to false alarm)
This detector is based on our well known military detector used in Armored Vehicle Explosion Suppression System combined with the industrial detector 40/40LB.
The 40/40UFL can detect hydrocarbon-based fuel and gas fires, hydroxyl and hydrogen fires, as well as metal and inorganic fires.
The UV/IR flame detector senses radiant energy in the short wave section of both the ultraviolet and infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum. The signals from both sensors are analyzed for frequency, intensity and duration. Simultaneous detection of radiant energy in both the UV and IR sensors triggers an alarm signal.
The UV sensor incorporates a special logic circuit that helps prevent false alarms caused by solar radiation.
- UV/IR Dual-Sensor
- High-Speed Response - 20 msec response to flash fire
- Solar blind
- Automatic Built-In-Test (BIT) and manual - to assure continued reliable operation
- Heated window - for operation in harsh weather conditions (snow, ice, condensation)
- Multiple output options for maximum flexibility and compatibility
- Relays (3) for Alarm, Fault and Auxiliary
- Analogue output for fast detection
- 0-20mA (stepped)
- HART Protocol for maintenance and asset management
- RS-485, Modbus Compatible
- High reliability - MTBF - minimum 150,000 hours
- Approved to Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2 – TUV)
- 5-Year warranty
- User programmable via HART or RS-485
- Hazardous area zones:
- Zones 1 & 2 with IIC gas group vapors present
- Zones 21 & 22 with IIIC dust type present
- Ex approved to:
- ATEX & IECEx
- TR CU (EAC)
- 3rd party performance
- EN54-10 (VDS)
- IEC61508 - SIL2 (TUV)