The new 40/40 UV Flame Detector detects hydrocarbon-based fuel and gas fires, invisible hydrogen flames, and fires from hydrides, ammonia, silane and other organics. The 40/40U-UB is the most durable and weather resistant UV flame detector currently on the market. Its new features include a heated window to eliminate condensation and icing; HART capabilities, for digital communications; lower power requirements; and a compact, lighter design.
Due to increased reliability, the 40/40 Series warranty period has been extended to 5 years and is SIL2 (TUV) approved to IEC 61508.
The model 40/40UB includes a Built-in-Test (BIT) feature, whereas the 40/40U model does not.
Note: This type of detector should not be exposed to UV radiation sources such as welding, sparks, and electric arcs as it will cause false alarms.
- UV spectrum design
- Automatic and Manual Built-In-Test (BIT) - to assure continued reliable operation (in 40/40UB only)
- Heated Window - for operation in harsh weather conditions (snow, ice, condensation)
- Multiple output options for maximum flexibility and compatibility
- Relays (3) for Alarm, Fault and Auxiliary
- 0-20mA (stepped)
- HART Protocol for maintenance and asset management
- RS-485, Modbus Compatible
- High Reliability - MTBF - minimum 150,000 hours
- Approved to Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2 - TUV) - Model 40/40UB only
- 5-Year Warranty
- User Programmable via HART or RS-485
- Hazardous area zones:
- Zones 1 & 2 with IIC gas group vapors present
- Zones 21 & 22 with IIIC dust type present
- Ex approved to:
- ATEX & IECEx
- TR CU (EAC)
- 3rd party Performance Tested
- EN54-10 (VdS)